I know its been a while since I last writ on the whole blog thing. Let's just say I've been feeling kind of blah and it just requires too much effort to update my file with dial up computer service. Hopefully that will change soon, but for now that is just how it is.
I am glad this week is over because it is not a week I want to relive.
Saturday: Wedding Dress Shopping with my little sister, mom, and sister in law...I don't exactly win the daughter/sister of the year award because I have expressed my opinions and frustrations lately and they weren't exactly nice. Plus I didn't get to spend time with my Casey and kids having some much needed family time or watch General Conference.
Saturday Night: Up all night with Caleb throwing up...oh great a stomach virus...which will probably effect every person in the family.
Sunday: Caleb still sick...refusing to eat, not that I blame him and because I was so exhausted from not sleeping still missed most of General Conference. Cate is also not sleeping through the night and waking up screaming all throughout the night. Wow! This is fun.
Monday: Cannot go to playgroup because now both kids are sick with completely different symptoms...Caleb laying around in pajamas with a heating pad on his stomach watching movies and Cate running a fever of 102". Our neighbor also flipped a rock with her lawn mower and busted out the antenna window.
Tuesday: I am beginning to get a little stir crazy...the weather hasn't been exactly nice and kids are still sicky poo. Tried to get them in to see a doctor, but have to wait until morning. Still no sleep. Luckily, Casey allowed me to run to Walmart for bunny foo foo stuff and that seemed to help. There is simply something about retail therapy.
Wednesday: After 2 1/2 hours in the Dr. office the verdict-Catelynn double ear infection, Caleb severe constipation. Caleb also received 4 shots to update his shot record in which he had a reaction to one of the shots. (Another trip to N. Augusta where our new doctor is located.) Apparently I just love to be in the car since it takes me about 20 minutes or more to reach civilization. That needs to change soon too before I lose my mind.
Thursday: Caleb still laying around with a heating pad and hovering over in stomach pain. The only reason he slept is because we were instructed to give him Benadryl for the shot reaction. Cate slept some too because amoxicillin and motrin are very helpful.
Friday: Awake again most of the night...wakes up around 6am asking for medicine. He ends up throwing up and i decided enough is enough. I take him to University Hospital in Augusta GA where they run all kinds of tests including xrays, ct scan of the abdomen, blood work and urinalysis. The results-we have no idea what is wrong with him...follow up with your family doctor in 3-5 days. He is still moaning in pain and we are constantly having to rub his stomach, but nothing is apparently wrong. But if you know Caleb, he does NOT lay around ever and watch movies all day every day for a week for no apparent reason. Now here I am Friday afternoon frustrated, exhausted, burned out and sick of stupid doctors & offices that think that we the patients are idiots with a love of waiting for hours and hours with no results.
Side note: His symptoms are so random because he is eating and drinking and using the restroom, but this severe stomach pain and irregular throwing up has me a little bit confused and obviously the health professionals as well. I hope this ends soon because I do not want to be a sitcom on the show "Mystery Diagnosis".
Positive Angle: Casey has been getting home at a decent hour. Which for him is unbelievably farfetched...I think he is somewhat of a workaholic and feels overwhelmed with all of his current responsibilities. He has been very helpful and missed work today because of all the medical drama.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
and then I call you whining about my problems. Sorry! =) I hope everything gets better. Let us know when/if they find out. I had a stomach but too but it only lasted one night and it didn't spread to anyone else. Hope it gets better and maybe I'll see ya tomorrow at playgroup!!
Girl, I'm so sorry! I hope you are all feeling better and that you can get some sleep!
I just looked at that cute pic of Cate with her two ponies - that's Carol's standard hair-do:) I wish you guys were near to play with! come visit us!
Love ya!
Sorry for the rough week(s)! You need a good Barnhurst pick-me-up! I'll come as soon as I can. Know that you guys are in our prayers...especially sweet Caleb! Hope he gets back to being his normal crazy self soon!
SO, did you guys find a wedding dress for Lauren's?
Post a Comment